Monday, March 17, 2008

Melbourne: Hotel Power Failure

I arrived home on Monday thinking that "tonight, I'm doing a whole lot of nothing." The hotel was dark. They informed me on the way in that it was a power failure. Should be fixed soon. Take the stairs.

I played a lot of freecell in the dark on laptop battery power. Three hours later, the power came back on.

I had bought a 6-pack of Sprite earlier in the day. Looks like a shortened US 12-pack. It contains sugar instead of the usual corn syrup etc. in the US, so it tastes oddly like candy. It's not subtle.

More pictures from the zoo...

We got to the zoo very early so it didn't reach this temperature until on the way to the wineries.



Here's a kangaroo mother with a baby joey in her pouch.





Here I am petting a wallaby.







Here's a baby-eating dingo.



The koala was asleep, as they usually are.





And some birds...





No comments: