Monday, March 10, 2008

Heading to Australia





I'm really not looking forward to travelling pretty much halfway around the world. Everyone says how great Australia is, but I know how terrible 25 hours in an airplane is. I maintained a sort of running blog when I went to India a few years ago (except it was via email). This time why not do a real blog?

So here it is the day before the trip and I realized that everything I need is not going to fit inside the wimpy little mini-suitcase I have. So I had to rush out and find a big one. I had seen various travel bags and suitcases in the trusty office supply store long ago. Nothing useful today. So I went to the mall. I ended up in Sears where there was no choice but to buy one of those tote-bag in a suitcase inside a larger suitcase inside a trunk deals. I'll post a picture of how ridiculous these things are. Fortunately, it was far cheaper than you'd expect.

I need a lot of luggage space for this trip. The reading matieral alone is huge.





I'm trying manga this time. Since it seems to take about an hour to read an entire manga, and since my trip is 25 hours each way, I figure I need a lot of these things. Deathnote comes very highly recommended. Excel Saga was my pick; the anime was very well done. The manga, however, seems humorless.

These are all in English.

You can see my attempts at learning Japanese. This is to give me something to do while my investments are all very underwater. I'm on sabbatical.

So here I stand on the flimsy threshold (or deck) of an unwanted adventure. I don't like having my routines disrupted.




I still have things to do before the trip. I'm told that I'll go insane if I read Deathnote 1 through 10 and don't have 11 on hand to resolve the suspense. I suppose I'll head to the local Borders and Noble and pick up a copy.

While I'm away in Australia I'll be entrusting everything to some upstanding pillars of the community. Note, that's not a beer on the table, it's an IBC root beer.





What could possibly go wrong?

.

.

.

No comments: