Thursday, March 20, 2008

Melbourne: Forest

North Americans should realize that directly beneath their feet is an alternate universe. A sort of Austin San Diego Francisco Seattle. Night is day and day is night. On a normal working day at the office, you can have lunch in the primordial hills where you'll have to literally defend your food from 6 kookaburras.


















On Thurs, I again forgot my camera when R and I went out to lunch in the hills. The forest here is truly amazing. The trees are enormously tall. The ferns make everything look prehistoric. And the forest is filled with bright colored birds that you'd find in a pet shop. They actually appear much brighter than the photo below.



I got back to the hotel Thursday after work and fell immediately asleep for 2 hours. I've been very tired these last two days.

No comments: